Dear George, Rain soaked our office carpet badly.
[slideshow_deploy id=’26’]Dear George,
Rain soaked our office carpet badly. Management says there is no mold and are having the carpet cleaned. The smell for the last 48 hours has been HORRID. Should we be worried?
t sounds as if you need a good dose of prevention. If there is no long term damage and the entire area (the part you see and including the areas you don’t see) is perfectly dry and disinfected, there is a possibility that infestation could be prevented.
An assessment would compare outdoor mold levels with your indoor mold levels, and indicate if you need remediation. Our Thermal detector can detect conditions favorable to mold growth inside the walls or in other hidden areas where established thriving mold colonies might otherwise be missed. If a true and complete clean up is not completed within a short window of time after flooding, you will be facing severe mold issues in the future.
Unfortunately the smell is a definite indication that the problem has not been solved.