- June 28, 2018 $65K per month got us rodents, sewage and mold in our swanky pad: suit. Court papers allege the property was overrun by rats, “pervasive plumbing problems” and mold.Read more
- June 29, 2018 School district gets $15.6M to remove mold, asbestos State and local leaders say The School District of Philadelphia will get $15.6 million to remove lead, mold and asbestos at 57 school buildings around the city. Read more
- June 26, 2018 Insurers Worry About Toxic Mold More and more homeowners are filing insurance claims and lawsuits over toxic mold, and insurance companies are worried claims could overwhelm them.”Insurance companies thought the asbestos problem was enormous. This is going to make that look small,” said Jeff Greene, a public insurance adjuster. Read more
- September 10, 2015 by GeorgeStart of School Year in Hesperia Delayed Due to Mold Infestation. Classrooms of Patricia St. Clair Elementary School in Hesperia, Michigan are affected.
- July 5, 2015 Dangers of Mold
In addition to being an allergen, the toxins generated by mold vary greatly in severity. The effect of some molds may depend on the individual infected and his or her susceptibility; but some mycotoxins, like aflatoxicoses, are lethal.
- June 22, 2015 A hearing began today claiming that “mold spores, toxic mold spores and/or other toxins” were released in the courthouse when the PBA renovated and restored the building where Knox County Clerk Foster Arnett Jr’s office is, and that the mold is, “causing a “hazardous environment … that has caused significant medical problems for (Arnett) and others who work in the building and poses a significant danger to the health of (Arnett), (his) employees and members of the public conducting business.” The Public Building Authority manages the building. The lawsuit asks the court to require PBA to “provide … office space free from toxic mold and other toxins.”
- May 6, 2015 One of Park Avenue’s swankiest condo buildings is ridden with mold: suit
Residents of a Park Avenue condo have filed suit against its developer, Elliot Joseph’s Property Markets Group, claiming the company installed improper insulation resulting in the growth of mold throughout the property. The group converted the building from rentals in 2005, has long been aware of the mold and has done nothing to fix it, despite their pleas.
- Hit with Lawsuit
Maloney’s PMG accused of mold problems at tony UES condo building. In lawsuit, owners of units at 823 Park claim developer neglected their complaints
- Poverty and Mold
The color of your skin, poverty and mold: A look into America’s childhood asthma epidemic
CBS46 News Atlanta
A new study at the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) compared the percentage of youth with asthma in a rural setting versus in an urban setting. The investigators analyzed data from approximately 2,500 students at four schools in rural Georgia and nearly 7,300 students at six public high schools in Detroit. The results: Approximately, 15 percent of the students in Detroit were already diagnosed with asthma…
- Front-Loading Washer MOLD Machines
Newer front-loading washing machines have developed a reputation for growing mold. Lawsuits also sprouted in the front-loader market, but washing machine manufacturers were ultimately not found liable for inflicting moldy washers on the public. That might make you hesitant to buy a front-loading washer, even if you find them appealing. Should you?