Building Flooded

Dear George,

I work for US Oil Recovery in Pasadena, TX. We had 2 ft of water in our building. The water is now gone and we are working in the buidling. People are starting to get sick. How do I go about checking the air quality, and how much should it cost?

US Oil Recovery in Pasadena, TX


Dear US Oil,

The best thing to do is get a mold assessment professionally done. There’s more to assessment than simply taking samples. With the experienced assessor on hand, you can get a better idea of what the real damage is, simply based on the expert’s experience. Of course, you will also get lab reports back, and those also will help clarify not only the concentration but also the type of infestation you have.

Regardless of the type however, if people are getting sick, remediation should commence ASAP. I wish I could quote you a fee, but cost should be contingent on the number of samples taken as well as the types of readings you need.

Note that Bye Bye Mold™, Inc., tests for mold of course, but we also provide thermal imaging and real-time testing for chemicals such as benzene and formaldehyde.

Similar Posts