Mold Facts

Molds are a problem indoors when mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens, substances that can cause allergic reactions, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances called mycotoxins. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions. Allergic responses include hayfever-like symptoms: sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold can cause asthma attacks. Mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of people who are not even allergic. Research on mold and its health effects is ongoing.

For additional information, please check our Articles, Blog, or More page.

You can also read more about mold at https://www.epa.gov/mold

Similar Posts