Molds photographed using a microscope.
Are your indoor mold levels higher than those outside?
 
 Articles
 
Stachybotrys Chartarum
“Toxic Black Mold”
“Toxic black mold” is Stachybotrys chartarum, commonly known as “stachy”. This tyme of mold growing in your home (or most types of mold, for that matter) or your business can be quite detrimental to your health, and even worse if you are exposed to this for a long duration. If you attempt clean up on your own, do not touch this mold with your bare hands or get it on your skin. It is recommended that you hire a professional with the correct equipment to do this because mold has been linked to Alzheimer’s Disease, multiple allergies, pathogenic illness (related to microtoxins), mold "smell" disease ( headaches, vomiting, nausea, blocked noses), respiratory illness (Respiratory Illnesses: Mycotoxins in toxic mold can affect the lungs and result in a host of respiratory problems. These include difficulty in breathing, stuffy noses, and are even known to cause bleeding in the lungs, which can lead to death), and (digestive Tract Illnesses-- liver diseases such as fibrosis and necrosis, vomiting, diarrhea, and can even result in internal bleeding in the intestines.)

Stachybotrys mold feeds on cellulose, i.e, dead plant materials, including the wood infrastructure of your home. Mold likes water and may originally get a foothold because of a onetime leak, but it does not require constant moisture survive. If mold dries out, spores will enter the air and the ventilation systems. Hence, even when you control the mold, you still have to defend yourself against recontamination by spores.
Written By:  staff 
Date Posted: 2007-09-28  

Click to Go Back