Mold thrives at 55% relative humidity. Keep your home's humidity below that percentage, and you are ahead of the game.
- Check for potential leaks in bathroom and kitchen, and places where water runs.
- Remove standing water.
- Keep everything dry.
- Remove mold immediately. A simple bleach or vinegar spray can nip bathroom mold and mildew in the bud.
- Use the bathroom exhaust fan to prevent trapping humidity.
- Use a hepafilter to cut down on dust. Dust can contain mold spores.
- Keep Central heat and air ducts clean and dry.