Are your indoor mold levels higher than those outside?
No one knows how many species of fungi exist but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more.
Molds are present virtually everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mushrooms and yeast are fungi and are needed in nature to break down dead material and recycle nutrients making them accessible to the environment. Unfortunately when inside a building, molds and yeasts continue performing the same function.
When mold is present in a building, the longer that it grows, the more it damages the building.
Most kinds of mold are harmless.
Mycotoxin is a toxin is a produced by an organism of the fungus kingdom, which includes mold, and can appear in both living and dead mold spores.
Human bodies can tolerate molds and mycotoxins in small quantities, but in larger quantities, they can be a health hazard.
Stachybotrys chartarum is a common mold which produces Mycotoxins.
Mold testing is used to identify and quantify fungi and extent of exposure so that effective action can be planned.
Symptoms of exposure may include flu-like symptoms, respiratory problems, headaches, cognitive problems, and skin irritation.
Indoor mold growth is usually related to leakage or a humidity problem.
Mold finds the environment inside a wet indoor wall to be a very hospitable environment and will continue its growth cycle until checked.
Certified Mold Inspectors are able to detect mold growing inside a wall where it cannot normally be seen.