|Mold Testing and Mold Inspection
Our mold inspection (sometimes referred to as a mold assessment or mold survey) of homes and commercial buildings is performed adhering to standard methods, practices, and protocols of the Certified Mold Inspectors & Contractors Institute and the EAA, Environmental Assessment Association. It encompasses a wide range of data sources, giving you the most accurate conclusions possible.
To protect your property from accidental contamination, our field technicians put on new full shoe coverings (booties) before entering your premises. And you will notice their safety suits and respirators they utilize to protect themselves from possible toxin contact.
Because mold cannot live without moisture, sources of moisture are one of the focal points of our investigation. During the thorough visual inspection of your structure ( including the attic, crawl spaces and basement) we examine:
· heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems
· the moisture content of floors, walls and ceilings--even beneath surfaces--using a non-invasive moisture meter
· the humidity of the indoor air, using a properly calibrated meter
· all water-damaged areas
· an examination of moisture barriers for proper installation and condensation occurrence, via a fiber optics scope and existing wall openings (whenever possible)
· discovery of the point of water intrusion in water-damaged areas
· a definitive report of adjacent and contiguous property contamination sources
· an assessment of property damage