Families Complain of Mold at Senior Citizen Center in Quebec, Canada

  • -

Families Complain of Mold at Senior Citizen Center in Quebec, Canada

Families of the residents of a senior citizen center in Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada, have alleged that the building is infested with mold and mushrooms.

An anonymous person, claiming to be the daughter of one of the residents at Marquis De Tracy, said, “There are mushrooms in the basement, it’s terrible. There is one which is as big as the fist. There is water on the floors, in the corners especially, and on the walls you can see black spots. And I don’t know in there, but I have the impression that if you defeated the wall, if there are any that come out through the skirting boards, surely that back it is full.”

The center houses approximately 75 senior citizens.

The facility manager Bernard Beauchemin said the management is working to resolve the water infiltration problem in the building.


  • -

Chatham County Apartment Residents Complain of Mold after Hurricane Matthew

The residents of Westlake Apartments in Chatham County, Georgia, are struggling to find shelter as their apartments have become unlivable due to mold and mildew.

The residents were advised to evacuate in the wake of Hurricane Matthew, however, they complained that the storm has just multiplied the issues the building already had and has made it unliveable.

A Westlake resident Olivia Johnson said “I have green mold on my couch, standing up out the carpet and I also have mold coming out my carpet… It’s still wet when I walk. It’s still water splashing all over my legs. This is ridiculous.”

The residents said they were assured they would be provided hotel accommodation for the weekend. However, on Friday, the property owner aspen properties refused to bear the hotel expenses.


  • -

Moldy Apartment Makes Pocatello Man Sick

they don't make dorms the way they used to
An Idaho State University student has been sick for about four years because of mold in his apartment.

Matthew Shugert said he did not know until January of this year that the cause of his sickness was mold infestation in his apartment at Ridge Crest Housing, Pocatello, Idaho. Explaining his illness, he said, “Over the years, chronic exhaustion to the point of passing out. Sleep problems, respiratory problems, neurological problems, bloody noses, just a wide range of symptoms.”

University’s Technical Safety Director Peter Farina said housing inspectors had visited and assessed mold issue in Shugert’s apartment in early March. He said, “What they need to do is immediately contact our university housing if there are leaks. Because mold needs water to grow and needs a continuous source. If you cut off the water, the mold will stop growing. Also, students need to be careful what they bring into the dorms or houses, we’ve had a lot of fires in the past.”