Parents Concerned after Mold was Discovered at Eisenhower High School, WA

  • -

Parents Concerned after Mold was Discovered at Eisenhower High School, WA

Parents have expressed concerns after mold was discovered in a classroom at Eisenhower High School, Yakima, Washington.

According to Beth Rothamel, a parent of a freshman, “It’s very irritating to know that my son’s health has been in danger, they don’t know what kind of mold it is it could be toxic mold and they’re letting the kids breathe it and they’re not informing parents that’s what irritates me the most about the whole thing.”

However, the Yakima School District website says that the classroom showing high levels of mold has been cleaned and is safe for occupancy.


  • -

Nuns at Stanwood Convent Sickened due to Mold Infestation

The sisters of the Convent of the Meeting of the Lord in the Stanwood convent, Snohomish County, Washington, have been sickened by mold.

The sisters, who make and sell beeswax candles for a living, have recently discovered that their home is infested with mold.

They estimated cost of cleanup and repair is between $10,000 and $30,000.

One of the neighbors has started a Go Fund Me project to help meet the repair expenses.