Moldy Apartment Makes Pocatello Man Sick

  • -

Moldy Apartment Makes Pocatello Man Sick

they don't make dorms the way they used to
An Idaho State University student has been sick for about four years because of mold in his apartment.

Matthew Shugert said he did not know until January of this year that the cause of his sickness was mold infestation in his apartment at Ridge Crest Housing, Pocatello, Idaho. Explaining his illness, he said, “Over the years, chronic exhaustion to the point of passing out. Sleep problems, respiratory problems, neurological problems, bloody noses, just a wide range of symptoms.”

University’s Technical Safety Director Peter Farina said housing inspectors had visited and assessed mold issue in Shugert’s apartment in early March. He said, “What they need to do is immediately contact our university housing if there are leaks. Because mold needs water to grow and needs a continuous source. If you cut off the water, the mold will stop growing. Also, students need to be careful what they bring into the dorms or houses, we’ve had a lot of fires in the past.”


  • -

Klamath-Trinity School District Closes Schools Due to Mold Issues


The schools in Eastern Humboldt County’s Klamath-Trinity Joint Unified School District have been closed due to mold issues.

The Superintendent of Klamath-Trinity Joint Unified School District Jon Ray said in a statement, “Effective today, we are required to take immediate health and safety measures involving remediation due to mold. These health and safety measures also include immediately evacuation and closure of several classrooms, cafeterias and kitchens that will affect all campuses.”

The schools that have been closed include:

1. Hoopa Valley Elementary School
2. Hoopa Valley High School
3. Trinity Valley Elementary School
4. Two Rivers – Rivers Edge Community Day School
5. Weitchpec Yurok Magnet/Elementary School
6. Jack Norton Elementary School
7. Orleans Elementary School
8. Captain John Continuation High School

The schools re-open on Monday, February 22.


  • Mold in top loading washer
    Several months back, I noticed dirt and muck at the bottom of our washer after running a load. I figured it was time to run a self clean cycle. After the cycle, it was worse.. so I ran another cycle. NOTHING helped. I chalked it up to dirt and soap scum loosening up and ran […]
  • 'Edibles' scandal hits Alaska's marijuana board
    ... in Alaska, is accused of manufacturing almost 115,000 marijuana edibles that violated state regulations and may have been contaminated with mold. ... which has been accused of selling almost 115,000 marijuana edibles that may have been contaminated by mold or were far stronger than allowed by ...
  • Roy Moore Loss Foreshadows 2018 In Virginia
    This does not bode well for fellow travellers choosing to run from the same mold in Virginia's 2018 U.S. Senate elections. If Alabama Republicans did not turn out in support of a controversial Republican candidate, Virginia's Republican voters are not likely to do so either. This turn of events should have ...
  • New Jersey school to remain closed due to mold concerns
    Ongoing concerns over mold at a New Jersey school will keep it shut down for the rest of the school year. Holly Glen Elementary in Monroe Township, Gloucester County, closed in October after mold was discovered in parts of the school. School administrators sent a letter to parents Wednesday ...
  • Mold Release Agents Market 2021– Trends, Drivers, Strategies, Applications, Top Company ...
    Mold Release Agents Market report provides forecast of 2017-2021 which is a valuable source of understanding data for business strategies, growth analysis, historical & futuristic cost, revenue, demand and supply data. Mold Release Agents Market report includes complete data which enhances the ...
  • Mold & Die Engineer Edgecumbe Group
    This Mold and Die Engineer will: Create mold and die quotes Design molds and dies Have direct contact with the customer the design work can be accompl.
  • Lewis Hotel hazards haunt tenants, City
    City Administrator Sam Kooiker questioned if Wescott has informed the tenants of the mold problem in the building. She replied that she has, and has installed dehumidifiers and air purifiers, but until the back wall is fixed there will continue to be a problem. Kooiker stated that the property taxes are in ...
  • Colbert DA wants employees out of unhealthy offices
    Graham said there is mold in the offices "and the conditions are just bad." "I'm just trying to get them a better place to work," the district attorney said. "Anyone who works for the state of Alabama shouldn't have to work in unsafe and unhealthy conditions." Graham said the mold is cleaned up and painted ...
  • 93yo Florida woman handcuffed, jailed after eviction days before birthday (VIDEO)
    ... claimed that she hadn't paid rent for three months. Karen Twinem, of National Church Residences, which owns the facility, told WKMG that Fitzgerald refused to pay, because she thought would die soon. Twinem also mentioned that Fitzgerald complained of mold in her residence but that no mold was ...
  • Mold problem at Helotes fire station will finally be fixed after city council vote
    The Helotes City Council took a major step in trying to fix the issue of mold growing inside a Helotes Fire Department station. According to Mayor Tom Schoolcraft, the issue was brought to the city's attention in March of 2014. Poor ventilation seems to be the big problem. Helotes Mayor Pro-Tem Bert ...