Harper Creek Community Schools Closed due to Mold

  • -

Harper Creek Community Schools Closed due to Mold

Harper Creek Community Schools in Battle Creek, Michigan, have been closed after mold was found in three of the middle school classrooms.

Calhoun County officials confirmed that mold was found on the carpet in three classrooms. The carpets were cleaned and sanitized after samples of mold spores were sent to laboratory for testing.

The school district has hired certified technicians to thoroughly clean the classrooms. In the meantime, all schools will remain closed.


  • -

Start of School Year in Hesperia Delayed Due to Mold Infestation

The start of Hesperia Community’s school year has been delayed due to mold infestation in some classrooms of Patricia St. Clair Elementary School in Hesperia, Michigan.

Authorities said the mold was detected on the carpets in elementary school during a routine walk-through on September 7th. However, since the K-12th students share the same ventilation system, classes were put off for all students.

The schools are expected to re-open on September 10th.


  • 0

Washtenaw Community College to Spend Over $500,000 for Mold Removal and Prevention

The Washtenaw Community College, Michigan, has decided to take necessary actions after mold was detected on the outside layers of drywall in the Crane Liberal Arts and Science building.

According to the Vice President of Facilities Damon Flowers, “It’s not a health issue, but over time if there becomes greater humidity in the rooms or any other signs of moisture which breeds and expands the mold, it could eventually expand.”

The college has set aside more than $500,000 for the maintenance project, which does not only include mold removal but also preventing further mold growth. Flowers said, “We don’t want to remediate without stopping the source of the water.”

The entire project is expected to be completed in May 2015.


  • 0

Workers Walk Out to Warn About Black Mold in Muskegon Hotel

The workers of Victory Inn and Suites, Muskegon, Michigan, have warned the public regarding black mold growth in several rooms.

“I can’t take it no more,” said Alicia Rogers from the hotel’s housekeeping service, who led the group of 6 workers and gathered outside the hotel to warn the masses. According to Alicia, they tried to talk to the hotel management regarding the issue, but they do not care.

Another worker, Christopher Hill, said, “They just asked me yesterday to wipe down a room that had mold growing on a ceiling, to wipe it down so they could rent it out the same night, it’s disgusting,…I’m worried about the health of me, the other employees, and our customers.”

The employees further revealed that the issue has been going on since at least 4 months.


  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.