Rapid City School Closes for One Week due to Mold Issue

  • -

Rapid City School Closes for One Week due to Mold Issue

Black Hawk Elementary school in Rapid City, South Dakota, has been closed after mold was found in an interior wall.

The school authorities said lab testing is being done to assess the extent of mold infestation. The results are expected on Wednesday.

School district spokeswoman Katy Urban said an alternate place will be arranged for the 410 students if the problem takes more than a week to resolve.


  • -

Nuns at Stanwood Convent Sickened due to Mold Infestation

The sisters of the Convent of the Meeting of the Lord in the Stanwood convent, Snohomish County, Washington, have been sickened by mold.

The sisters, who make and sell beeswax candles for a living, have recently discovered that their home is infested with mold.

They estimated cost of cleanup and repair is between $10,000 and $30,000.

One of the neighbors has started a Go Fund Me project to help meet the repair expenses.


  • -

Moldy Apartment Makes Pocatello Man Sick

they don't make dorms the way they used to
An Idaho State University student has been sick for about four years because of mold in his apartment.

Matthew Shugert said he did not know until January of this year that the cause of his sickness was mold infestation in his apartment at Ridge Crest Housing, Pocatello, Idaho. Explaining his illness, he said, “Over the years, chronic exhaustion to the point of passing out. Sleep problems, respiratory problems, neurological problems, bloody noses, just a wide range of symptoms.”

University’s Technical Safety Director Peter Farina said housing inspectors had visited and assessed mold issue in Shugert’s apartment in early March. He said, “What they need to do is immediately contact our university housing if there are leaks. Because mold needs water to grow and needs a continuous source. If you cut off the water, the mold will stop growing. Also, students need to be careful what they bring into the dorms or houses, we’ve had a lot of fires in the past.”


  • -

Start of School Year in Hesperia Delayed Due to Mold Infestation

The start of Hesperia Community’s school year has been delayed due to mold infestation in some classrooms of Patricia St. Clair Elementary School in Hesperia, Michigan.

Authorities said the mold was detected on the carpets in elementary school during a routine walk-through on September 7th. However, since the K-12th students share the same ventilation system, classes were put off for all students.

The schools are expected to re-open on September 10th.


  • -

Nobody Shows up at Auction of Mold-Infested Building in Bartow

City management of Bartow, Florida, held an auction to sell the mold-infested, former solid waste department’s building on May 19, however, nobody showed up.

The building, located at 2060 State Road 60 E, was abandoned more than a year ago after its wall and carpet became infested with mold. The city’s Solid Waste Department was temporarily relocated to another nearby building.

According to auctioneer John Martz, “I’ve never, ever held an auction where nobody came… There’s usually always somebody who will buy what you’re selling.”

City Manager George Long said, “I expect that building is going to be demolished and salvaged, to the extent that it can be… Whether that will be done by the city or somebody acting on our behalf, I don’t know.”


  • Mold in top loading washer
    Several months back, I noticed dirt and muck at the bottom of our washer after running a load. I figured it was time to run a self clean cycle. After the cycle, it was worse.. so I ran another cycle. NOTHING helped. I chalked it up to dirt and soap scum loosening up and ran […]
  • 'Edibles' scandal hits Alaska's marijuana board
    ... in Alaska, is accused of manufacturing almost 115,000 marijuana edibles that violated state regulations and may have been contaminated with mold. ... which has been accused of selling almost 115,000 marijuana edibles that may have been contaminated by mold or were far stronger than allowed by ...
  • Roy Moore Loss Foreshadows 2018 In Virginia
    This does not bode well for fellow travellers choosing to run from the same mold in Virginia's 2018 U.S. Senate elections. If Alabama Republicans did not turn out in support of a controversial Republican candidate, Virginia's Republican voters are not likely to do so either. This turn of events should have ...
  • New Jersey school to remain closed due to mold concerns
    Ongoing concerns over mold at a New Jersey school will keep it shut down for the rest of the school year. Holly Glen Elementary in Monroe Township, Gloucester County, closed in October after mold was discovered in parts of the school. School administrators sent a letter to parents Wednesday ...
  • Mold Release Agents Market 2021– Trends, Drivers, Strategies, Applications, Top Company ...
    Mold Release Agents Market report provides forecast of 2017-2021 which is a valuable source of understanding data for business strategies, growth analysis, historical & futuristic cost, revenue, demand and supply data. Mold Release Agents Market report includes complete data which enhances the ...
  • Mold & Die Engineer Edgecumbe Group
    This Mold and Die Engineer will: Create mold and die quotes Design molds and dies Have direct contact with the customer the design work can be accompl.
  • Lewis Hotel hazards haunt tenants, City
    City Administrator Sam Kooiker questioned if Wescott has informed the tenants of the mold problem in the building. She replied that she has, and has installed dehumidifiers and air purifiers, but until the back wall is fixed there will continue to be a problem. Kooiker stated that the property taxes are in ...
  • Colbert DA wants employees out of unhealthy offices
    Graham said there is mold in the offices "and the conditions are just bad." "I'm just trying to get them a better place to work," the district attorney said. "Anyone who works for the state of Alabama shouldn't have to work in unsafe and unhealthy conditions." Graham said the mold is cleaned up and painted ...
  • 93yo Florida woman handcuffed, jailed after eviction days before birthday (VIDEO)
    ... claimed that she hadn't paid rent for three months. Karen Twinem, of National Church Residences, which owns the facility, told WKMG that Fitzgerald refused to pay, because she thought would die soon. Twinem also mentioned that Fitzgerald complained of mold in her residence but that no mold was ...
  • Mold problem at Helotes fire station will finally be fixed after city council vote
    The Helotes City Council took a major step in trying to fix the issue of mold growing inside a Helotes Fire Department station. According to Mayor Tom Schoolcraft, the issue was brought to the city's attention in March of 2014. Poor ventilation seems to be the big problem. Helotes Mayor Pro-Tem Bert ...