My stuffed animals from childhood were taken over by black mold. Can they be saved/cleaned? Thanks in advance for your help!
Soft items that absorb water are usually not salvageable. Adding chlorine bleach to the wash cycle (if the stuffed animal is washable) will remove most mildew and will sanitize items if they are not too far gone, but then you must absolutely make certain they are completely dry. Also, the mold in the items has probably degraded the fabric.
It is probably smarter and healthier to just throw them away.