Mold growth in a home is not only unsightly, but can also trigger many health problems in the residents. While the health implications may vary from person to person, the common problems include wheezing, coughing, nasal and throat infections and asthma.
In order to keep your home mold free, experts recommend the following things to be kept in mind:
- Pay immediate attention to any water leaks or infiltration in your home.
- Open the windows and ventilators of bathrooms after taking showers.
- Occasionally check for signs of mold growth especially in the corners, behind walls and under the rugs.
- If you are located in an area having high humidity levels, use dehumidifier.
- Keep the home clean, cool and dry.