Failure To Disclose Big Toxic Problems

Now sick from living in toxic mold, homeowners are suing a California realtor, home inspector, and mortgage lender for failing to disclose elevated levels of toxic mold in their just-purchased San Diego home. The couple now suffers from memory loss, headaches, chronic tiredness, sinus problems, and respiratory problems such as difficulty in breathing and frequent coughing and sneezing.

Toxic mold thriving in the crawl space, heating/cooling equipment and ducts has made the couple sick.

A quote from an inspector says “Almost all of the wood timbers in the crawl space were encrusted with mold growth…years in the making. The lack of adequate waterproofing of the crawl space and basement walls and floors that enabled water runoff from neighboring, higher-elevation home lots and the roadway to enter into the crawl space.”

We recommend if you have your house tested and it turns out you need remediation, use an independent remediation company. It is always better if your mold tester or hygienist not have a vested interest in the test results.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.