Chemicals

Bye Bye Mold tests for toxic chemicals like Benzene and Formaldehyde and PCBs The presence of toxic chemicals in a living or work area can contribute to the condition known as sick house syndrome.

Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde is a colorless, strong-smelling gas. It is given off of new furniture, new construction, and carpeting; and also in some materials in the process of degrading from water, heat, saline or chemical exposure. It can be a significant issue in new homes because they are so tightly constructed that fumes cannot dissipate into the atmosphere.

Click HERE for more details regarding Formaldehyde and what some of the symptoms of exposure to Formaldehyde is.

PCBs (Polychlorinated Biphenyls)

PCBs are a category of man-made chemicals which were used as ingredients in building materials and electrical products, but the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency banned the manufacturing and certain uses of PCBs in 1978.

Click HERE for more details regarding PCBs, where PCBs are found and what some of the potential consequences of exposure to PCBs are.

Particulates

A particulate is a small discrete mass of solid or liquid matter that remains individually dispersed in gas or liquid emissions. The term particulate is usually referred to when discussing an atmospheric pollutant. Mold spores are also considered as particulate material because the airborne spores are dispersed in environmental air in varying concentrations.

Click HERE for more details regarding Particulates, where Particulates are found and what some of the potential consequences of exposure to Particulates are. http://byebyemold.com/index.php/chemicals/particulate/

Benzene

Benzene is sweet smelling, colorless liquid/gas. It evaporates quickly and dissolves in water, is highly flammable, and is widely used by industry. The EPA set the max permissible benzene level in drinking water at 0.005 mg/L.

Click HERE for more details regarding Benzene, where Benzene is found and what some of the potential consequences of exposure to Benzene are.

If you suspect that you have toxic contaminants in your house, give Bye Bye Mold a call 24/7 at 800.686.1992.