Connecticut School Closes due to Mold Concerns

Coleytown Middle School in Westport, Connecticut, was closed on September 20th and 21st due to mold concerns. The two-day closure was scheduled for environmental testing in the facility. However, Westport Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Colleen Palmer announced that she wants to close the school for three to four weeks for…

read more

Mold Prompts Closure of School in Pennsylvania

Kerr Elementary School in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, had to be closed on September 17th, due to mold. School officials said extensive cleaning was performed over the last few days and they were waiting for the results of the air quality tests conducted afterwards. “It is important for you to know…

read more

Families Complain of Mold at Senior Citizen Center in Quebec, Canada

Families of the residents of a senior citizen center in Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada, have alleged that the building is infested with mold and mushrooms. An anonymous person, claiming to be the daughter of one of the residents at Marquis De Tracy, said, “There are mushrooms in the basement, it’s terrible….

read more

Study Finds That Fungi Release Toxins Directly Into Air

A recent study conducted by French researcher Jean-Denis Bailly and his colleagues has found that mycotoxins from mold can disperse into the air under normal conditions. The researchers examined the mycotoxins produced by three types of fungi, and discovered that “this transfer to air requires air velocities that can be…

read more

Residents of Rental House Sue Landlord Over Black Mold Infestation

Residents of a rental house in Alton, Illinois, have filed a lawsuit against the landlord, alleging that the property was infested with black mold. The lawsuit claims that black mold is a serious health hazard, and the defendants failed to prevent mold growth which has caused injury and pain to…

read more

Another Lawsuit Blames Linens at UPMC for Mold-Related Death

On April 20th, a lawsuit was filed against the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Shadyside hospital, Pennsylvania, blaming linens for mold-related death of a patient in October 2015. According to the lawsuit, leukemia patient Katherine Landman died due to a mold infection that she allegedly caught through linens provided by…

read more

ALDI Offers Refund After Mold was Discovered in Fruit Pouch

Grocery chain ALDI has removed their Little Journey Organic Food Puree pouches from their stores in Springfield, Missouri, after mold was found in one of the pouches. The mold was discovered and reported by Ashley Lamb, who had purchased the Apple Mango pouch for her 2-year-old son. “I was really…

read more