Broken Arrow Fire Station Closes due to Mold Issues

Broken Arrow fire station 1 in Oklahoma, was temporarily shut down last week due to mold infestation in building walls.

The building, located at 120 W. Kenosha St., was flooded last week due to heavy rains and the clean-up crews reported mold in the building during their post-flood operation.

Authorities said tests are being conducted now to find out what type of mold is present and whether it could cause any health or other issues for the firefighters.

The firefighters of station 1 have temporarily shifted their equipment to Station 6, located at 3151 N. Ninth St.